Lease Contract Damages
- Jordan Ramis assisted our client in the pursuit of cost recovery and contract damages for harm to their property caused by the release of dry cleaning solvents by a tenant.
- Claims were brought under Washington’s Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA) as well as under the lease agreement.
- After extensive discovery, the case was resolved by settlement in favor of our client.
- The settlement resulted in a stipulated judgment for the damages plus a settlement for all claims, plus execution of a new 10-year lease while the property undergoes cleanup. The assignment of claims was subsequently pursued and the insurance carriers have settled without litigation by payment of damages.
- The settlement is complete, including assignment of insurance policies.
- Coverage claims have been resolved in our client’s favor.
- Additional claims against the spiller are preserved and may follow.